Thursday, October 16, 2008

I'm a "Lifer"!!!

Wow! It's been over a month since I've blogged! Well, I finally crossed the finished line and am tasting the sweetness of victory!!! I am now a "Lifer" as in Lifetime Member of Weight Watchers! I made it through the 6 weeks of maintenance and ended up losing another .6 pounds during it. During those 6 weeks, I was given an additional 3 points per day to "stabilize". The guideline to follow is that if I gained/lost 1 pound or more, I would need to adjust my points by 1 point less or more until I "stabilized".

I went down .2 pounds each week for the 1st 3 weeks. I got down to my lowest weight of 138 pounds! The 4th week I celebrated my wedding anniversary with my hubby and gained 1.4 pounds. Oops! But I got my butt back to the Y and worked it off. So at the 5th week, I had zero gain/zero loss. Overall, at that point I was only up .8 pounds. So during the 6th week, I just kept up my usual routine of eating and working out and at my final weigh-in, I was down 1.4 pounds exactly!!! So I was at my lowest weight to date (138 pounds) when I reached Lifetime! I can't tell you how awesome it feels!

So now that I'm "done", have I changed any of my new habits? Actually, no. I'm so used to eating the right things and working out that it's just a part of who I am now. Sure, I like to indulge once in a while, but I remember how hard I worked to get to where I am and stops me from going to far and end up on a "slippery slope" back to being overweight and uncomfortable in my body. I don't want to feel miserable again! And I'm still going to the Y to work out at least 3 times a week. I still look forward to step class! Oh, and by the way, I came in 2nd place for the Summer Slim Down contest! As I just told a friend of mine, the sweet taste of victory is far more satisfying than those "tempting foods" can ever be!

3 comments:

Lake Mary WWLeader said...

Congratulations! I am so very proud of you and honored that I had some small part in helping you to achieve this milestone. Please keep up the good work and avoid that "slippery slope" as best you can. Remember to try to attend your meeting every week because it can be a big help in keeping yourself on track into the future.

Wendy said...

CONGRATULATIONS JENN!! I am so proud of you. Thanks for leading the way. And thanks for the parking lot pick me ups.

I am going to Fri 7 a.m. meetings now...works out better for my schedule.

You really helped me a few weeks ago...you have no idea.

Lost 0.2 this a.m. Slow steady plodding. Boring, but at least it was in the right direction!

Way to go on the Lifer accomplishment. You go girl!

~Wendy

Unknown said...

So excited for you, Jenn! Way to go!!!

Charlotte