Saturday, July 12, 2008

Vacation mode

Right now, my family is on our yearly vacation to Colorado. I love coming out here every year because I grew up here. It's nice to visit familiar places when you don't live there anymore. There's just a sense of nostalgia every time we come back here and visit my best friend from high school or go downtown and play tourist. Since I moved away over 15 years ago a lot has changed too and it's fun to see those changes.

I'm trying to stay on track weight-loss wise while on vacation. It's hard because you get into a different mindset. I haven't been tracking my points at all since we got here 2 days ago. Since then, I've had McDonald's, cherry pie a la mode, a Starbuck's chocolate mint mocha frap, and movie theater popcorn. I know I've already blown through my weekly points allowance. I normally weigh in on Saturday mornings when I'm home, but I didn't bring my booklet with me so I couldn't go to a meeting today to see where I am. I have a plan to reach my goal by mid-August (my son's birthday) and don't have room to get off track since that is only about 5 weeks away! So 1 pound a week is what I need to lose now. Luckily, we are staying very active while on vacation. I worked out, we took the kids to a pool, and went on a walk so far. We also plan on doing a hike, going to a zoo, and going whitewater rafting this week. Well, here's hoping I have a great vacation and don't go too far overboard on the indulging!

1 comment:

--cara said...

Congratulations on the blog! It's been such a help for me. I hope you find it just has helpful.

Don't go too much further on your indulgences or you won't make the 5 lbs in 5 weeks.

Go ahead and have small indulgences but when you do, compensate by having healthy food (lots of fruits and veggies) either the meal before or after your indulgence to offset the enormous amounts of calories and fat. Then you're sure not to gain too much.

I'd hate to see you not reach your goal. You can do it!