Thursday, August 7, 2008

500 Calories Burned, $43 Saved!

I had a good workout today despite that I had a hard time getting the new routines in my Cardio Step class. I kept messing up the turns and which direction I was supposed to be going. I almost had it at the very end! But, luckily she'll be repeating those routines next week so I can catch on. After that class, I stuck around for Abs Lab with my favorite trainer, Rich! Rich was my team trainer during the Body Transformations contest this spring which I came in 2nd place at. I won 8 free personal training sessions with him from that.

They are remodeling (finally) the locker rooms at my Y. So they've put the men on the other side of the women's locker room (wall-off of course), so we are down to 3 showers. I didn't get in there by 10:30 (when a couple other classes end), so I had to wait 15 minutes for a shower! I ended up being late to pick up my kids from childcare, but they seemed to understand. I can't wait until the remodeling is done which it's supposed to be by October 1st. Although, the women do get to move into the remodeled men's locker room at the end of this month! I think that's fair since they are getting their's remodeled first.

Anyway, here's my workout results from the 2 classes:

Cardio Step
Workout time: 60 minutes
In the zone: 45 minutes
Average HR: 135
Maximum HR: 161
Calories: 425

Abs Lab (not really a cardio workout, but I tracked it anyway for calories burned)
Workout time: 23 minutes
In the zone: 3 minutes
Average HR: 109
Maximum HR: 135
Calories: 108

Total Calories Burned: 533

So I made my 500 calorie burning goal today! By the way, if you were wondering about the scale this week, I have maintained the 8/10th pound lost so far. I hope I'm able to make it an even pound by my Saturday morning weigh-in!

Now, from weight-loss to money savings. After working out I went on my weekly trip grocery shopping with both my kids. With my 16-month old daughter screaming most of the way through the store and my almost 5-year old son complaining that I was taking too long, it was a very stressful trip! I went to two stores because one is clearing out their inventory (they were purchased by Publix), so I figured I could get some good bargains at 5%-25% off food and merchandise. I also picked up school supplies at 25% off! Then I went to my regular grocery store to get the rest of my list and used two $5 off coupons I got in the mail and from the Entertainment Book. Overall, I saved $43 dollars! So even though I was stressed out by the kids, I felt good about saving so much money!

No comments: