Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Down on the Scale, Up on the Step!

So I stepped on the scale this morning and was down 8/10ths of a pound!!! It may not seem like much, but that's a lot for 1 day, and especially since I haven't lost any weight in 2 weeks! I'm just so excited!

I went to my favorite class at the Y this morning, Step. The instructor taught us some new routines today. She usually repeats the same routines for 2 weeks (4 classes), so we can get comfortable with them. It's almost like a dance class using a step. It's so much fun that I forget to look at the clock. The only thing I keep checking is my heartrate monitor so I can make sure I'm "in the zone." By the time the class came to an end, I was still ready to keep going. I can tell all the exercise I've been doing for the past 15 months is making a difference. It used to be that I was tired 20 minutes into the class. Now, I can keep going for at least an hour! She wrapped up the class with some new ab exercises to that targeted those problem lower abs I have! I've had 2 c-sections and need all the help I can get toning it up down there since I can't afford to have a tummy tuck! So here is the results of my workout according to my heartrate monitor:

Workout Time: 60 minutes
Average HR: 141 (high intensity for me= 130-158)
Maximum HR: 166
In the Zone: 44 minutes
Calories Burned: 426

That's an awesome workout for me!

So for all that hard work, I earned 7 activity points!!! For lunch, I treated myself to a small baked potato with some light butter and light cheddar cheese (3 points) along with my usual salad (6 points: romaine, tomatoes, onions, diced chicken, light cheddar cheese, almonds, and cranberries with Wishbone Bountiful dressing). I normally just have the salad for 6 points, but since I worked out so hard, I needed to use some of those activity points so my body wouldn't think it was starving. I love it when that happens!

No comments: