Monday, August 4, 2008

No Loss, No Gain

So, I stuck to the basics as much as I could last week, but the results on the scale weren't there as I didn't loose ANY weight! I guess I could look on the positive side that I didn't gain any either. But I put in 4 days of workouts! I also drank lots of water. I did go over on my points a little though. I've just realized, I only get 22 points a day! It must have dropped in the last month and I didn't notice. But on a normal day, I usually eat 25 points and just deduct those extra points from my weekly points allowance. That is if I have any left after getting through the weekend! That's where I think I messed up. I went over on my weekly points allowance by 10 points. When you get down to the last 5 pounds, every little thing makes a difference.

So, now I know that I need to really stick to my points and keep track of everything more accurately. I'm continuing with my 4-5 workouts per week and drinking water all day. I take a 24 ounce water bottle to the Y and make sure to drink the whole thing by the time I leave. Then I have a 16 ounce glass of water with my lunch, another in the late afternoon, and then another with dinner, and a last one before I go to bed. So thats 88 ounces a water a day if I drink all of that! Sometimes, I'll swap out a diet soda in the afternoon, but otherwise, I pretty much stick to this.

My WW week starts on Saturday, and so far, I only have 7 points left in my weekly allowance. We went to Sonny's BBQ on Saturday, and even though I made the healthiest choices, it was still a lot of points! I tried their new BBQ Pulled Chicken, but they don't have the nutritional info available for it on their website yet. But if it's anything close to the BBQ Chicken then I used up at least 18 points on chicken alone! Looking at their nutritional info online, a better choice would have been the charbroiled chicken (6 points), smoked turkey (2 points), or sliced beef (9 points). Well, at least I know that for next time! I did well on the side though by choosing the Baked Sweet Potato (5 points) and Green Beans (2 points), plus 1 slice of garlic bread (4 points). If my chicken was as high in points as I think it might have been, my dinner was my whole day's worth of points! Ridiculous! I'm glad they put their nutritional info online though so at least we know how bad it is and can make informed choices.

For lunch on Sunday, I did really good. We went to a great little cafe where you can order a customized salad. I chose romaine lettuce, red onions, cucumber, tomatoes, cranberries, almonds, feta cheese, and grilled chicken with a greek vinigarette dressing on the side. I estimated the points to be 10 because it was a huge salad! But I was so proud of myself for ordering so healthy!

So, I just need to stay within my points each day this week (since I most likely used up all my weekly points this weekend), keep up my workouts, and drink my water. I really hope I lose some weight this week, as it's been over a month since I last had a real loss (on 6/28) because of 4th of July and our 12-day vacation last month that threw me off track a little.

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Hi Jenn - It's Charlotte, the former Saturday morning receptionist! I found your blog from Cara's, and I'm so excited for you with almost reaching your goal!!!

I'll be sub-ing for Ned on Aug. 23, and I hope to see you then! In the meantime, I'll keep checking out your blog...